If you run a business, chances are that you’re often overwhelmed by the number of emails in your inbox. When you’re juggling so many balls and have little time on your hands, it’s easy to let the messages pile up. Unfortunately, the longer you leave
Email Management for Small Businesses
Do you ever feel like you’re drowning under a tidal wave of unread and un-actioned emails? Well, you’re not alone.
As a small business owner you receive so many emails every day, and it can be overwhelming. If you throw into the mix several different email accounts, then things get even harder. Suddenly, your organised life has fallen by the wayside and you’ve been sucked into the sinking sand that is your inbox…
Well, let’s see if we can get you out of that pit of frustrations. These guides will help you organise things a little better, sort out overflowing inboxes, and maintain neater inbox management systems going forward. If you don’t have the time to go through the full guides, here are a few quick tips.
Quick Tips for Managing your Inbox
- Delete anything older than a month. If you haven’t looked at it by now, you probably won’t ever look at it.
- Check through your subscriptions and unsubscribe from everything except a handful that you find genuinely useful.
- Use a gatekeeper, someone who sorts through all emails on your behalf and only sends you the emails you need to deal with (this is a great task for a virtual assistant).
- Set up email filters and rules to automatically organise your emails as soon as they land in your inbox.
- Assign one or two specific times a day to look through and deal with your emails. Keep out of your inbox for the rest of the time.
Email Management Tools
There are also a number of tools out there that will help you keep on top of your inbox. Email clients such as Thundberbird allow you to view multiple accounts in one place. A number of project management tools will let you send emails directly from within the platform, saving you time and keeping a clear log of conversations.
Whether you prefer Microsoft 365, Gmail, or another email platform, these guides will help you get better organised and reduce the stress of email management.
If you’re still struggling to keep on top of your emails with the time available, get in touch about how I can help you manage your inbox.
Good email management is vital for any business. If you have multiple email addresses, especially, you may find it difficult keeping track. As a Virtual Assistant, I have access to numerous client email accounts, which means that I have lost of different logins to keep